10 August 2012

Brighton Day 0 - via Reading and Gatwick

Despite a broken keyboard, I hope to resume this blog for the EBU Brighton Summer Congress. The keyboard is suffering from liquids (don't ask), and some punctuation symbols (included those needed for HTML) are just not working.

My mother died three months ago and that has been hard work - emotionally and practically. In the meantime, I have been kept busy by a number of bridge events but very few laws issues. The biggest problem was caused by me inducing a firmware incompatibility in the scoring system - with hilarious consequences.

I know my family and friends follow this blog while I am Brighton as the best way of finding out what I am up to. So a big shout out to E, who is volunteering at the Olympics and is having a whale of a time; and to the rest of the family.

Last year I travelled to Brighton via Westbury on a very crowded train. Today's route is much less direct but should be on better trains - we shall see.

1 comment:

Paul Gipson said...

Have a good weekend.