19 August 2011

The new “Jim” for the 21st century

Brighton 2011 – Day 7 Afternoon

In days gone by, when I was trainee and before, we all got taught how to assign and score Swiss Teams events. Jim had a set way of arranging assignment cards and writing assignments, and a whole colour-coded scheme for charting the scores. Since then, we have being using computers for charting, and then assigning, and now we can do the match scores with bridgemates.

While running the Seniors Congress Swiss Teams, yesterday and today, I have been teaching various colleagues how to use the scoring program with bridgemates for Swiss Teams; based on my experiences at Bournemouth and Torquay. I get the feeling that I am establishing common practice in the running of EBU Swiss Teams with bridgemates in a way that will filter through the ranks. Sarah suggests that this makes the “Jim” for the 21st century.

No comments: